“Admired for its broad [skill] in the labor and employment sector . . . .
Clients appreciate the ‘consistently effective practice’ for its
‘absolute dedication’ and ‘uniformly good work.’ ”
Blank Rome has a national reputation for its Labor and Employment practice representing clients in matters throughout the United States. The practice combines the depth and experience of a large firm practice with a commitment to close personal attention to the client and the matters involved. The Group has practitioners with experience in every aspect of law which confronts in-house employment counsel and human resource managers. The Group is recognized for its strength in both the counseling and litigation aspects of this practice area.
What We Do
We provide clients with legal advice, counseling, representation in litigation, and training in all aspects of employment, benefits and labor law. Specific areas of concentration include:
What Makes Us Different
- We view ourselves as a business partner and trusted counselor to our clients and believe it is our responsibility to understand our clients’ businesses, their needs, and their priorities, so that we may provide creative and practical advice and counsel.
- We invest in long-term relationships and create client service teams to ensure effective and efficient delivery of legal services.
- We place an emphasis on preventive measures to preempt problems before they arise.
- Should litigation needs arise, our group includes experienced trial attorneys who are skilled in courtroom advocacy.
- We provide value-added services to our clients, including in-house training programs, CLE programs, legal briefings and newsletters.
The following sampling of representative matters demonstrates the range of clients we represent and the types of employment issues we handle:
- Ongoing representation of global company in all aspects of its employment, labor and immigration matters, including compliance with global policies, strategic initiatives, executive compensation, employment policies, HR training initiatives, union avoidance, employment litigation, and protection against unfair competition.
- Ongoing representation of one of the largest metropolitan school districts in the country with regard to all labor, employment and benefits matters.
- Ongoing representation of private company with manufacturing, warehouse, and distribution facilities in six states including management training, employment counseling and advice for union and non-union facilities, litigation avoidance strategies, and employment litigation defense.
- Ongoing representation of one of the country’s largest hospital systems with respect to all benefits and executive compensation matters.