David M. Perry
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5767||f. +1.215.832.5767|
David Perry concentrates his practice on intellectual property and related business issues confronting companies and individuals trading in a diverse array of industries, ranging from life sciences, software, gaming, entertainment and new media, to graphic design, advertising, insurance, wines and spirits, and retail establishments large and small. Mr. Perry advises and assists clients with:
- comprehensive domestic and international trademark counseling
- prosecution and maintenance of trademark and service mark applications before U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and coordination abroad
- intellectual property litigation in state and federal jurisdictions and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- copyright counseling, and filing and practice before U.S. Copyright Office
- counseling and practice in Internet law, domain name disputes (UDRP), and related litigation
- preparation and negotiation of publishing, music, media, and entertainment agreements
- preparation of domestic and international license agreements of trademarks, copyrights, software, and know-how
- preparation and negotiation of technology transfer, acquisition, assignment and confidentiality agreements
- corporate and financial services diligence and intellectual property structuring
- Global pharmaceutical, healthcare and life sciences manufacturer in comprehensive brand protection.
- International wine and spirit manufacturers in trademark and copyright protection, litigation, licensing, and comprehensive business issues.
- Various software consultants and developers in copyright, trademark, and licensing protection.
- Leading electronics and accessories manufacturer in brand protection.
- International financial services provider in global brand protection counseling and enforcement.
- Entertainment venue in successful defense against federal trademark infringement litigation.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Perry serves as a member of the Leadership Development Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and has served as a member of INTA’s Dilution & Well-Known Marks Committee and INTA’s Internet Committee. He serves on the Copyright, Trademark, and Mentoring committees of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, as well as on the Board of Ella’s Retreat, a nonprofit supporting families of pediatric cancer patients.