David M. Perry
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5767||f. +1.215.832.5767|
David Perry concentrates his practice on the creation, protection, defense, and licensing of intellectual property. He represents multinational companies with large, complex IP portfolios and needs, as well as successful entrepreneurs and small businesses in a variety of industries, such as: life sciences; beer, wine, and spirits; software; gaming; music and entertainment; graphic design and advertising; insurance; and retail. Mr. Perry advises and assists clients with:
- comprehensive U.S. and international brand creation, clearance, enforcement, and counseling
- prosecution and maintenance of trademark filings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and coordination abroad
- intellectual property litigation in state and federal jurisdictions and before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board of the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- copyright counseling and filing before U.S. Copyright Office
- counseling and practice in Internet law, domain name disputes (“UDRP”), and related litigation
- preparation and negotiation of publishing, music, media, and entertainment agreements
- preparation of domestic and international license agreements of trademarks, copyrights, software, and know-how
- preparation and negotiation of technology transfer, acquisition, assignment, and confidentiality agreements
corporate and financial services diligence and intellectual property structuring
- A brand management company engaged in licensing, marketing and providing trend direction for a portfolio of consumer and entertainment brands, in its $105 million acquisition of a global brand and related intangible assets from a subsidiary of a greeting card company.
- Global life sciences manufacturer in comprehensive brand protection.
- International wine and spirits manufacturers in trademark and copyright protection, litigation, licensing, and comprehensive business issues.
- Craft breweries in brand creation and business counseling.
- Premier software consultants and developers in copyright, trademark, and licensing protection.
- Leading electronics and accessories manufacturer in brand protection.
- International financial services provider in global brand protection counseling and enforcement.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Perry serves as a member of the Leadership Development Committee of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and has served as a member of INTA’s Dilution & Well-Known Marks Committee and INTA’s Internet Committee. He serves on the Copyright, Trademark, and Mentoring committees of the American Intellectual Property Law Association, as well as on the Board of Ella’s Retreat, a nonprofit supporting families of pediatric cancer patients.