Blank Rome’s employment, benefits and labor lawyers assist clients in developing strategic responses to the many challenges which arise in this area of the law. Our lawyers are frequently called upon to help clients navigate extremely sensitive issues which pose significant risk to their organizations or which require a comprehensive strategic solution.
What We Do
- Advise boards of directors, audit committees, general counsel, and executive management on strategic options to avoid or mitigate legal risk and reputational harm.
- Construct policy and preventative solutions to legal challenges in the workplace.
- Anticipate legal, legislative and policy changes to inform high level decision making.
- Represent clients in high profile, high risk engagements such as corporate campaigns, internal investigations, and government inquiries.
What Makes Our Practice Different
- By understanding our client’s business, we see “the big picture.”
- We focus on pragmatic solutions to complex problems in alignment with client objectives.
- We are able to draw on the Firm’s unique resources to manage complex issues including the Firm’s government relations and public relations professionals.
- We have represented the Board of Directors of a large U.S. public company to investigate employee actions in several countries around the world.
- We have advised the audit committee of several public companies in connection with allegations of impropriety and illegal activity against senior executives and managers which had widespread implications for the companies involved.
- We have advised clients in the context of mergers and acquisitions on comprehensive solutions to employee and labor relations challenges facing the acquiring or selling entities.
- We have advised clients on designing and implementing corporate reductions in force impacting employees nationwide and around the world.
- We have assisted clients in connection with corporate campaigns by labor unions providing a range of strategic and practical advice.