Robert B. Stein
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5206||f. +1.917.332.3750|
CO-CHAIR, FINANCE, RESTRUCTURING, AND BANKRUPTCY PRACTICE GROUP
Robert Stein brings more than 30 years of experience to the practice of law in the area of financial services. Mr. Stein represents many leading institutional lenders, including major commercial banks, finance subsidiaries of banks, private equity groups, and independent factors and finance companies in areas such as:
- cash flow and asset-based lending
- debtor-in-possession financing
- acquisition financing
- factoring and other complex secured transactions
- unitranche, split collateral, first lien/second lien and mezzanine financing
Mr. Stein has authored numerous industry related works that have been included in the Uniform Commercial Code Law Journal, The Secured Lender and the ABF Journal, and was cited in The Law of Secured Transaction under The Uniform Commercial Code. He recently authored a two-part article titled “Split Collateral Intercreditor Agreements: The Current State of Play” that appears in the Spring 2014 issues of the ABF Journal.
Mr. Stein has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Agent and bank syndicate in connection with $40 million acquisition financing extended to private equity group in its purchase of a global provider of technical services to oil and gas industry
- Agent and lender in connection with a $20 million split collateral revolving credit facility extended to direct sales and marketing company
- Agent and lender in connection with $8.5 million senior secured credit facility extended to manufacturer of cosmetic products
- Agent and lender in connection with a $27 million senior secured unitranche credit facility extended to timber company
- Lender in connection with a $10 senior secured credit facility extended to a leading provider of specialized products and services for niche pharmaceutical and biotechnological applications
- Agent and lender in connection with $46 million split collateral senior secured credit facility
- Sole lender in connection with $40 million senior secured loan extended to hydraulic fracturing company
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Stein is a member of the Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys.