William H. Roberts
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5632||f. +1.215.832.5632|
William Roberts concentrates his practice in the field of antitrust litigation and counseling, and complex commercial litigation, including class actions, trials and appeals in federal and state courts principally in the following areas:
- antitrust litigation and counseling
- international cartel litigation
- defamation and First Amendment issues
- professional responsibility and legal malpractice
Mr. Roberts serves as General Counsel of Blank Rome LLP.
- Represented, in many cases, corporations and individuals in civil and criminal antitrust litigation, including international cartel cases and defense of private class actions alleging price-fixing.
- Steel corporation before the Supreme Court of the United States in a stockholders' derivative action involving First Amendment protection of corporate advertisements under federal election campaign finance laws and implied private rights of action.
- Major oil company as amicus curiae in landmark First Amendment cases in the Supreme Court of the United States.
- Residential builders in labor/antitrust/RICO treble-damage action against local unions involving union actions at residential development sites.
- Regional transit authority in litigation related to standards for paid non-commercial advertising concerning an alleged public health issue, and enforceability of rules regulating time, place and manner of constitutionally protected activities throughout its rail, subway, bus and elevated rail stations paid areas, and platforms.
- Port authority in public forum doctrine litigation with unions over access to major interstate bridge for march and demonstration.
- Electric utility in appellate tax matters.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Roberts is trustee of the Curtis Institute of Music, the Philadelphia Chamber Music Society, and Marlboro Music School and Festival. He also serves on the board of directors for the Tempesta di Mare Baroque Chamber Orchestra. Mr. Roberts is chairman of the board of trustees for the Harvard Review of Philosophy.