Robert J. Mittman
Chairman, New York
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5555||f. +1.212.885.5001|
- Main Narrative
Robert Mittman has more than 40 years of experience in corporate and securities law. He represents numerous public and private companies, investment banks, venture capital firms, and high-net-worth individuals, both generally and in transactional and financing activities of all types.
Mr. Mittman has acted as issuer and underwriter counsel in connection with hundreds of public and private equity and debt offerings. He has also developed a national reputation representing public entities in connection with SEC enforcement proceedings.
Mr. Mittman serves a wide range of clients with respect to matters such as:
- public securities offerings
- private security offerings, including PIPEs
- venture capital financing and investment
- class actions and derivative lawsuit settlements and defense in conjunction with alleged accounting errors and securities violations
- SEC investigations
- FTC investigations
- mergers and acquisitions
- leveraged recapitalizations
- regulatory filings and proxy statements
Additionally, Mr. Mittman represents investment banking firms in a variety of matters, including broker-dealer registration; FINRA, SEC, and NYSE compliance and investment advisory compliance.
Mr. Mittman is chairman of Blank Rome's New York office of more than 140 attorneys.
- A global NASDAQ-listed worldwide brand management company engaged in licensing, marketing, and providing trend direction for a portfolio of consumer and entertainment brands with respect to:
- Acquisitions and international joint ventures involving more than 20 brands for an aggregate of more than $1.45 billion.
- $288 million 144A convertible senior subordinated notes offering and hedge.
- $260 million follow-on public offering.
- $172 million follow-on public offering, including shares sold by the company and selling stockholders.
- A leading global source of critical information and analytics, in its $1.4 billion acquisition of a recognized leader in the automotive industry.
- A NASDAQ-listed global provider of supply chain solutions to the wireless industry, in several transactions, including:
- $385 million acquisition of Europe’s largest distributor of mobile phones and related products.
- Acquisitions of two U.S. companies for an aggregate value of $142 million.
- Acquisition of the client company by the world’s largest technology distributor and supply-chain services provider.
- $82 million secondary public offering for a selling stockholder.
- More than 300 public offerings representing issuers and underwriters.
- Public company clients with respect to SEC investigations of financial irregularities and FTC investigations.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Mittman serves as a Director Emeritus on the Board of Directors of the Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum in Washington, DC. Additionally, he has an Airline Transport Pilots Rating and Learjet and Lear 60 Type Ratings.
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity Law, listed in Chambers USA
- AV-Preeminent®, listed by Martindale-Hubbell®
- 2012–2018, Mergers and Acquisitions Law and Securities/Capital Markets Law in New York, listed in Best Lawyers in America©
- 2006–2017, New York “Super Lawyer” in Securities & Corporate Finance, listed in Super Lawyers
- 2008, “Corporate Transactions All-Star Team,” listed by BTI Consulting Group
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.