Grant S. Palmer
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5578||f. +1.215.832.5578|
CHAIR, LITIGATION DEPARTMENT
Grant S. Palmer chairs Blank Rome’s Litigation Department. He is a nationally recognized trial lawyer with a proven track record of developing unique strategies and solutions to achieve favorable results on behalf of clients. He represents businesses and individuals in a wide range of areas, including defense of class actions and consumer class actions, cybersecurity, construction, corporate and shareholder litigation, employment, restrictive covenants, bad faith, insurance coverage, RICO, patent and intellectual property, fraud, unfair trade practices, personal injury, products liability, and trade secrets. Mr. Palmer has conducted numerous corporate internal investigations and has significant experience with document and record retention issues and programs.
Mr. Palmer began his career as a federal law clerk to the Honorable Robert S. Gawthrop in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Palmer is also frequently consulted by clients concerning preventative counseling, data protection and retention of document issues. He also has substantial experience utilizing alternative dispute resolution mechanisms to limit litigation expense and exposure.
Mr. Palmer publishes in a wide array of issues impacting business litigation. He is frequently asked to speak at events, seminars, and legal education programs across the country. Recently, he presented on “Cloud Computing’s Impact on Litigation,” as well as “Streamlining Client and Counsel’s Relationship.”
| Clients note 'he is an excellent tactician in his legal craft and wired to understand how businesses operate.'
Chambers USA notes that “a grateful client describes him as a ‘problem solver,’ and values Palmer’s ability to ‘really understand how corporations operate.’”
Mr. Palmer serves on Blank Rome’s Executive Committee and is also the chair of Blank Rome’s Pro Bono Committee.
- Defense contractor who was victim of largest criminal fraud in history of Pennsylvania concerning enforcement of judgment and recovery of assets and funds throughout the world.
- Food manufacturer in shareholder dispute involving control of the voting shares of the company; obtained trial victory and favorable rulings from Supreme Court of Pennsylvania on two separate occasions.
- Travel company in multimillion dollar Unfair Trade Practices/Consumer Protection Act lawsuit; obtained summary judgment on behalf of client and prevailed on appeal before the Supreme Court of California.
- Financial institution in lender liability lawsuit alleging millions of dollars in damages; obtained complete defense verdict at trial.
- Patent holder in a patent enforcement matter involving method for sterilizing alcohol; obtained $1 million verdict.
- Staffing and financial services company in action involving non-competition agreement; obtained injunction and monetary damages.
- Bank in large class action defending RICO claims based on alleged telemarketing fraud conducted by Bank’s customers.
- Patent holder in prosecution of software patents which resulted in recoveries exceeding $25 million.
- Death row inmate in post-conviction proceedings resulting in client’s death penalty being reversed.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Palmer serves as a board member and executive committee member of the Homeless Advocacy Project and the Legacy Youth Tennis Center. Mr. Palmer is a recipient of the Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Michael K. Smith Excellence in Service Award for devotion of time and energy to public service activities. He regularly volunteers with numerous legal services organizations dedicated to providing equal access to the legal system for those in need. He is a past chair of the Federal Courts Committee for the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
- Litigation: General Commercial Law, listed in Chambers USA
- AV-Preeminent®, listed by Martindale-Hubbell
- 2014–2017, “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer” in Business Litigation, listed in Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.