Gregory F. Linsin
|Washington, DC||v. +1.202.772.5813||f. +1.202.572.1402||m. +1.202.340.7806|
Gregory Linsin is a member of our Maritime Emergency Response Team (MERT).
Gregory Linsin is an experienced criminal litigator and concentrates his practice in the areas of white collar criminal law, environmental criminal litigation involving shore-based and maritime clients, environmental compliance, and internal corporate compliance investigations. Mr. Linsin represents both corporations and individuals in areas including:
- grand jury investigations and criminal prosecutions involving environmental criminal statutes, government contracts, fraud and anti-kickback statutes;
- U.S. Coast Guard investigations of vessel owners and managers for environmental violations and casualties resulting in marine pollution;
- internal corporate compliance investigations; and
- design, implementation, and monitoring of corporate compliance programs.
Prior to joining Blank Rome LLP, Mr. Linsin served for more than 25 years with the United States Department of Justice, where he managed and prosecuted complex criminal cases in federal courts throughout the country. During his last 17 years with the Justice Department, he was with the Environmental Crimes Section, where he served as Special Litigation Counsel responsible for handling environmental prosecutions of national significance. Mr. Linsin also organized and led a national vessel pollution initiative regarding intentional violations of international and domestic environmental requirements. He was a founding member of the Environmental Crimes Policy Committee, and also was a member of the United States delegation to the Legal Committee and the Marine Environmental Protection Committee of the International Maritime Organization.
Mr. Linsin is the recipient of numerous honors and awards, including the Attorney General’s Distinguished Service Award, the United States Coast Guard's Distinguished Public Service Award, three Special Commendation Awards from the Department of Justice, and the Bronze Medal from the Environmental Protection Agency.
Mr. Linsin is a frequent author and speaker on environmental criminal and compliance issues.
- Representation of Flag Administration in connection with Deepwater Horizon casualty investigation involving explosion, fire and sinking of mobile offshore drilling unit and extensive pollution in Gulf oil spill.
- Representation of foundry coke manufacturer in connection with investigation and prosecution for violations of the Clean Air Act, the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and related offenses.
- Representation of commercial vessel owner and operator of dry bulk cargo vessel in investigation and prosecution of MARPOL violations.
- Representation of client in connection with grand jury investigation of kickback scheme in federal health care program.
- Representation of tug and barge operator in connection with Clean Water Act prosecution.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Linsin is a member of the Section of Criminal Justice and the Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources of the American Bar Association. In 2012, he was appointed as Vice-Chair of the Marine Ecology & Maritime Criminal Law Committee of the Maritime Law Association of the United States, of which he is also a proctor.