Matthew A. Homyk
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5360||f. +1.215.832.5360|
Matthew Homyk concentrates his practice in intellectual property matters and related business issues confronting companies and individuals in many industries, ranging from fashion, e-commerce, social networking, insurance, musical instruments, and building materials. He serves a wide range of clients in areas including:
- social networking (e.g., Facebook and Twitter) legal issues
- domestic and international trademark and copyright counseling
- counterfeit products enforcement in the United States, China, and India, including Chinese counterfeiting litigation counseling
- patent prosecution and patent litigation
- copyright registration
- prosecution of trademark and service mark applications
- internet issues, domain name disputes, UDRP proceedings, and e-commerce issues
- preparation and negotiation of technology transfer, assignment, and confidentiality agreements
- domestic and international license agreements for trademarks, copyrights, software, and know-how
Mr. Homyk uses his experience in web design, social networking, web analytics, and search engine optimization (“SEO”) to provide high-level Internet business counseling to clients in conjunction with traditional patent, trademark, and copyright services.
Mr. Homyk is the Adjunct Professor of Trademark Law at Villanova University School of Law. He is also a member of the Law Firm Committee of the International Trademark Association (“INTA”).
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Mr. Homyk interned for the General Counsel of The Barnes Foundation, an educational institution dedicated to appreciation of the fine arts and horticulture.
- Representing domestic fashion brands on trademark registration and counseling and counterfeit enforcement
- Trademark portfolio analysis and maintenance for global insurance company
- Negotiated and drafted agreement for global retail clothing brand to host event at landmark Miami resort
- Trademark litigation for regional specialty running products company
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Homyk serves on the Radnor Township Zoning Hearing Board.
- 2017, listed in IAM Strategy 300—The World’s Leading IP Strategists
- 2017, listed in World Trademark Review 1000—The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals
- 2016, “40 Under 40,” listed in Philadelphia Business Journal
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.