Jason A. Snyderman
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5774||f. +1.215.832.5774|
VICE CHAIR, CORPORATE LITIGATION PRACTICE GROUP
Jason Snyderman helps manage Blank Rome’s Corporate Litigation Practice Group which is comprised of more than 50 attorneys in nine offices across the Firm.
Mr. Snyderman focuses his practice on trying and overseeing complex litigation nationally, including class actions, business litigation of all types, and trade secrets and other intellectual property disputes, including patent, copyright and trademark litigation. He has litigated to verdict or final judgment cases involving business torts, RICO, ERISA, intellectual property, pharmaceutical products liability, employment disputes, non-competes, professional liability, insurance coverage, environmental and construction issues.
Since 2010, Mr. Snyderman has been recognized every year by the Best Lawyers in America publication. He has also been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, a designation given to less than five percent of Pennsylvania attorneys based on peer surveys and professional achievement. In 2007, the Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly named him as one of Pennsylvania’s “Lawyers on the Fast Track,” a designation given to only 35 lawyers throughout the Commonwealth under the age of 40 determined to have influenced the legal community based on the development of the law, commitment to the community, and service to the bar.
Mr. Snyderman has received the highest possible rating from Martindale Hubbell.
- Lead counsel in high-profile trade secrets dispute arising out of employee theft of trade secrets involving chemical formulations for metallization pastes developed for the photovoltaic industry. After successfully obtaining a TRO preventing the defendant from establishing a competing entity in China, civil litigation resulted in a significant confidential judgment.
- Successfully defeated class certification on behalf of a major national bank in a consumer class action alleging RICO liability based on the bank’s alleged failure to properly monitor ACH transactions for telemarketing and Internet merchant consumers.
- Counsel for a major U.S. oil services company in a high-profile dispute relating to a large environmental remediation project in South Carolina. Though sued for multiple millions in purported damages, after nearly 30 depositions were taken and shortly before a 7-week trial was to begin, the case was successfully resolved without the client having to pay anything.
- Lead patent litigation counsel for one of the world’s largest manufacturers of sensors essential for use in today’s steel, iron and aluminum industries.
- Successfully defended a major Internet security company in patent infringement lawsuit involving two-factor authentication. Obtained summary judgment of non-infringement later affirmed by the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Lead counsel for one of the U.S.’s largest environmental testing companies in successful defense of trademark infringement and related claims, including denial of preliminary injunctive relief after three-day federal court hearing.
- Defense counsel for major pharmaceutical company in all Pennsylvania-based lawsuits involving its prescription pain medication.
- Successfully defended one of the region’s largest health insurers in class actions filed by a putative class of physician providers. Denial of class certification alleging improper reimbursement practices later affirmed by both the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts.
- Lead trial counsel for one of Pennsylvania’s largest power utilities in multiple property damage jury trials.
- Successfully represented Pennsylvania’s Governor and Secretary of Education in a series of seven lawsuits in Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court, Commonwealth Court, and county courts as well as U.S. District Court and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, in actions relating to the alleged "takeover" of the Philadelphia School District.
- Pro bono defense of Pennsylvania’s first-ever convict exonerated on the basis of DNA evidence after serving more than ten years in state prison.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Snyderman has long been active in community and service organizations. He is currently an elected board member and vice president of one of the largest community associations in Montgomery County and also serves on the Board of Directors of his local synagogue. Mr. Snyderman is a member of the America-Israel Chamber of Commerce and the World Trade Center Association of Philadelphia. He is also a volunteer attorney for the Support Center for Child Advocates, the country’s oldest and largest pro bono legal and social services agency for children.