Jason A. Snyderman
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5774||f. +1.215.832.5774|
VICE CHAIR, CORPORATE LITIGATION PRACTICE GROUP
Jason Snyderman helps manage Blank Rome’s Corporate Litigation Practice Group, which is comprised of nearly 60 attorneys in nine offices across the Firm.
Mr. Snyderman focuses his practice on trying and overseeing complex litigation nationally, including class actions, business litigation of all types, and trade secrets and other intellectual property disputes, including patent, copyright, and trademark litigation. He has litigated to verdict or final judgment cases involving business torts, RICO, ERISA, intellectual property, pharmaceutical products liability, employment disputes, non-competes, professional liability, insurance coverage, environmental, and construction issues.
Since 2010, Mr. Snyderman has been recognized every year by the Best Lawyers in America publication. He has also been recognized as a Pennsylvania Super Lawyer, a designation given to less than five percent of Pennsylvania attorneys based on peer surveys and professional achievement. In 2007, The Legal Intelligencer and Pennsylvania Law Weekly named him as one of Pennsylvania’s “Lawyers on the Fast Track,” a designation given to only 35 lawyers throughout the Commonwealth under the age of 40 determined to have influenced the legal community based on the development of the law, commitment to the community, and service to the bar.
Mr. Snyderman has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Represented health knowledge products and services provider in national putative class action alleging unsolicited fax advertising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”). Successfully obtained complete pre-discovery dismissal of class action complaint.
- Represented hardware manufacturer and wholesaler in national putative class action alleging unsolicited fax advertising under the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”). Following extensive discovery, we filed multiple motions for summary judgment. We obtained a favorable class-wide settlement shortly after those filings and while those motions were pending.
- Lead counsel for a major event services technology provider in commercial litigation alleging successor liability arising out of the client's acquisition of a competitor. Obtained complete dismissal of all claims.
- Lead counsel for major global plastics products design and engineering company in multiple commercial disputes with a leading worldwide food-products conglomerate arising out of a series of complex distribution and manufacturing agreements.
- Lead counsel for pharmaceutical company in a commercial dispute alleging the breach of an exclusivity agreement providing our client with the exclusive negotiating rights to acquire a major manufacturer of pharmaceuticals. Obtained large monetary settlement shortly after the complaint was filed.
- Representation of a foreign trust in litigation with the U.S. Department of Justice relating to tens of millions in assets improperly levied by the United States.
- Lead counsel for large national security company in a trade secrets dispute arising out of the award of a significant government contract from the U.S. Navy. The matter was successfully resolved on a confidential basis.
- Lead counsel for leading software technology company and its principal in a series of actions involving copyright infringement, misappropriation of trade secrets, and breach of contract resulting from its major competitor’s use of substantially similar materials received from a former customer.
- Successfully defeated class certification on behalf of a major national bank in a consumer class action alleging RICO liability based on the bank’s alleged failure to properly monitor ACH transactions for telemarketing and Internet merchant consumers.
- Counsel for a major U.S. oil services company in a high-profile dispute relating to a large environmental remediation project in South Carolina. Though sued for multiple millions in purported damages, after nearly 30 depositions were taken and shortly before a 7-week trial was to begin, the case was successfully resolved without the client having to pay anything.
- Lead counsel in high-profile trade secrets dispute arising out of employee theft of trade secrets involving chemical formulations for metallization pastes developed for the photovoltaic industry. After successfully obtaining a TRO preventing the defendant from establishing a competing entity in China, civil litigation resulted in a significant confidential judgment.
- Lead patent litigation counsel for one of the world’s largest manufacturers of sensors essential for use in today’s steel, iron, and aluminum industries.
- Successfully defended a major Internet security company in patent infringement lawsuit involving two-factor authentication. Obtained summary judgment of non-infringement later affirmed by the Federal Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Lead counsel for one of the U.S.’s largest environmental testing companies in successful defense of trademark infringement and related claims, including denial of preliminary injunctive relief after three-day federal court hearing.
- Defense counsel for major pharmaceutical company in all Pennsylvania-based lawsuits involving its prescription pain medication.
- Successfully defended one of the region’s largest health insurers in class actions filed by a putative class of physician providers. Denial of class certification alleging improper reimbursement practices later affirmed by both the Pennsylvania Superior and Supreme Courts.
- Lead trial counsel for one of Pennsylvania’s largest power utilities in multiple property damage jury trials.
- Successfully represented Pennsylvania’s Governor and Secretary of Education in a series of seven lawsuits in Pennsylvania’s Supreme Court, Commonwealth Court, and county courts as well as U.S. District Court and the Third Circuit Court of Appeals, in actions relating to the alleged “takeover” of the Philadelphia School District.
- Pro bono defense of Pennsylvania’s first-ever convict exonerated on the basis of DNA evidence after serving more than ten years in state prison.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Snyderman has long been active in community and service organizations. He is currently an elected board member and President of one of the largest community associations in Pennsylvania and has also served on the Board of Directors of various local charities and non-profit organizations. Mr. Snyderman is a member of the World Trade Center Association of Philadelphia. He is also a volunteer attorney for the Support Center for Child Advocates, the country’s oldest and largest pro bono legal and social services agency for children.
- 2014–2017, “Pennsylvania Super Lawyer” in Business Litigation, listed in Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.