Our environmental attorneys focus upon every substantive area of environmental law relevant to the energy industry, including:
- Clean Air Act permitting and enforcement
- Clean Water Act permitting and enforcement
- Safe Drinking Water Act permitting and enforcement
- civil and criminal enforcement and litigation, including litigation involving toxic torts or other catastrophic events
- toxic tort claims, including groundwater contamination claims
- insurance coverage litigation for policyholders
- due diligence, compliance auditing, and environmental management systems
- corporate, real estate, and lending transactions due diligence
- construction and operating permits for project development
- underground and aboveground storage tanks
- natural resource damages claims
- Toxic Substances Control Act
- Resource Conservation and Recovery Act and hazardous waste management
- Superfund and voluntary remediation programs (such as Pennsylvania’s Land Recycling Act)
- Hazardous Materials Transportation Act
- Defended various Clean Air Act permits before the Environmental Hearing Board for the Mariner East project.
- Served as counsel to PES for environmental permitting matters relating to infrastructure build out at the Philadelphia Refinery including with respect to Clean Air Act permitting to ensure the continued delivery and refining of shale resources from the Baaken Shale Play in North Dakota.
- Served as counsel to P.H. Glatfelter regarding FERC, PUC, and PHMSA requirements as well as contracting for a natural gas “plant line” pipeline spur to Glatfelter’s industrial plant from the nearby interstate line.
- Served as counsel to numerous applicants to obtain deepwater port and shoreside LNG facility licenses in the United States under the Federal Deepwater Port Act and other federal and state laws.
- Provided environmental advice and representation on permits relating to development of a multibillion dollar petrochemical plant in Western Pennsylvania.
- Served as permitting and transactional counsel for purchases of gas turbines, cogeneration projects, permitting of resource recovery facilities, and biomass projects.
- Conducted siting, drafting of municipal ordinances, and permitting processes (including air permitting) issues related to waste-to-energy facilities for counties and towns in Florida, Pennsylvania, and New York.
- Counseled on SEQRA requirements and permitting obligations under Titles IV and V of the Clean Air Act for various independent power projects and cogeneration facilities.
- Represented a RCRA treatment, storage and disposal facility in connection with Clean Air Act, RCRA, and REACH compliance matters.