Diana M. Eng
|New York, NY||v. +1.212.885.5572||f. +1.917.332.3031|
Diana M. Eng is a member of the Consumer Finance Litigation group and represents mortgage loan servicers and lenders in all aspects of litigation across multiple jurisdictions, including disputes under TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA, and FDCPA, as well as a variety of common law claims.
Ms. Eng has more than 10 years of experience in a variety of commercial litigation matters, including antitrust, bankruptcy, class actions, contractual disputes, employment, and intellectual property and media. She has represented domestic and foreign clients in multiple jurisdictions in all phases of litigation, including trial, counseling, risk assessment, and dispute resolution. Ms. Eng also has extensive experience in managing large-scale electronic discovery in complex cases and advising clients on related issues.
- First-chaired successful defense of a $30 million tax claim by the Oregon Department of Revenue against a financial institution.
- First-chaired jury trials resulting in defense verdicts in favor of the City of New York and its agencies in multimillion dollar tort cases.
- Successful defense of a media client in a federal jury trial regarding claims for breach of joint venture, fraud, and related torts.
- Mediated and settled products liability claims on behalf of a major U.S. automobile manufacturer.
- Successfully represented various insurers in class actions alleging deceptive trade practices, breach of contract, fraud, and other related torts.
- Defended an international automobile parts manufacturer in a criminal antitrust cartel investigation and related class actions.
- Represented a financial institution and an aluminum products manufacturer in multiple contested hearings in connection with confirmation of Chapter 11 plans of reorganization.
- Represented a major real estate investment trust in contested bankruptcy matters.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Ms. Eng serves on the New York City Bar Association’s Career Advancement and Management Committee.
She is a member of the Board of Trustees of the Bronx High School of Science Alumni Association and chairs its Mentoring Committee. Ms. Eng is also a member of the Benefit Committee of Careers through Culinary Arts Program ("C-CAP"), a nonprofit organization that prepares underserved high school students for college and career opportunities in the restaurant and hospitality industry.