Gregory M. Bordo
|Los Angeles, CA||v. +1.424.239.3404||f. +1.424.239.3392|
|San Francisco, CA||v.|
Gregory Bordo is a litigation partner in the firm’s Los Angeles office. Although he has represented clients in a broad range of complex commercial disputes, the primary focus of Mr. Bordo’s practice has been in the areas of real estate litigation, corporate litigation and trust & estates litigation. Mr. Bordo also practices in the area of education law, including charter school law. His real estate litigation practice includes the representation of owners and developers such as national REITs, as well as tenants in disputes regarding leaseholds and purchases and sales and matters involving all aspects of real property transfers and ownership.
- Successful defense of breach of fiduciary duty action against manager of multiple single purpose limited liability companies arising out of claims of unequal distributions of millions of dollars of rental and asset disposition income.
- Successful defense of a foreign corporation in quiet title action regarding approximately $100 million worth of California real estate.
- Motion for Nonsuit granted in defense of California based real estate development company sued for $5 million in damages based on claims for fraud and breach of contract in connection with negotiation of anchor tenant’s lease extension.
- Representation of national REIT with construction defect claims of more than $10 million based upon faulty construction of a southern California shopping center.
- Defense of federally chartered bank against claims of lender liability in connection with portfolio of commercial loans.
- Ongoing representation of well known residential real estate brokerage firm in a variety of matters including claims of broker negligence as well as regulatory issues.
- Representation of parties in multi-jurisdiction litigation involving claims of elder abuse and undue influence with regard to the disposition of decedent’s $30 million estate.