Michael A. Iannucci
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5543||f. +1.215.832.5543|
Michael Iannucci concentrates his practice in complex commercial and class action litigation matters, serving both corporate and individual clients in business disputes in a variety of industries, including financial services, banking, real estate, insurance, retail, computer software and technology, mortgage services, oil and propane, franchising, pharmaceutical, and healthcare. He represents clients in the following types of matters:
- breach of contract and tortious interference
- fraud, consumer fraud, unfair and deceptive trade practices, and UDAP claims
- unfair competition and employee raiding
- preliminary and permanent injunctions, temporary restraining orders, and special injunctions
- corporate governance and shareholder disputes
- FDCPA, TILA, TCPA, TCCWNA, UTPCPL, FCEUA, RESPA, and FCRA
Mr. Iannucci has also been involved in numerous mediations, arbitrations, and other alternative dispute resolution mechanisms to limit clients’ expenses and exposure. In addition, he frequently publishes and lectures on class action litigation and federal court practice.
In addition to his litigation practice, Mr. Iannucci is a member of Blank Rome’s Recruiting and Retention Committee, Alumni Committee, and Litigation Department’s CLE Planning Committee. He is currently serving as a co-chair of the Firm’s 2016 Summer Program, and previously served as co-chair in 2014.
Mr. Iannucci began his career as a federal law clerk to the Honorable John J. Hughes, United States District Court for the District of New Jersey. He graduated from Rutgers University School of Law–Camden with high honors, and served as the editor-in-chief of the Rutgers Journal of Law and Religion. He also served as a Marshall Brennan Fellow and interned for Supreme Court of New Jersey Justice F.J. Fernandez-Vina. At the University of Delaware, Mr. Iannucci was a pitcher on the Blue Hens baseball team and a Colonial Athletic Association Scholar Athlete.
CLASS ACTION LITIGATION
- Represented international restaurant companies in a consumer class action before the Superior Court of New Jersey – Appellate Division and Supreme Court of New Jersey alleging violations of the New Jersey Consumer Fraud Act (“CFA”) and the Truth in Consumer Contract Warranty and Notice Act (“TCCWNA”)
- Lead counsel to a regional oil and propane company in a bet-the-company class action litigation
- Represent a national home security services company in a consumer class action pending in the federal court in Pittsburgh, PA, alleging violations of Pennsylvania’s Unfair Trade Practices and Consumer Protection Law (“UTPCPL”) and the Fair Credit Extension and Uniformity Act (“FCEUA”)
- Represented a national home mortgage servicer in a class action litigation concerning issues of first impression under RESPA and the Mortgage Satisfaction Act in the federal court in Philadelphia, PA
- Represent a director in a minority shareholder class action case pending in the federal court in Philadelphia, PA, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Represent a national bank in a class action litigation pending in the federal court in Philadelphia, PA
- Represented a company in a derivative shareholder class action and injunction case alleging breach of fiduciary duties
- Represent a pharmaceutical company in consumer fraud class actions pending in Pennsylvania state and federal court
- Represented clients in FDCPA class actions
- Lead counsel to a regional medical practice concerning an IRS investigation, white collar issues, employment advices, and business litigation
- Successfully represented a regional company in the defense of employee raiding/unfair competition claims
- Representing a pharmaceutical company against employee raiding/unfair competition claims
- Represented a global lighting manufacturer in connection with breach of contract and tort claims arising from a stock purchase agreement in the Delaware Chancery Court
- Represent financial institutions in Uniform Commercial Code (“UCC”) litigation
- Represent a national law firm in a multijurisdictional partnership dispute
- Represented a national military defense company in breach of contract disputes in federal courts in North Carolina, South Carolina, and Missouri
- Represented an international defense contractor in a multimillion dollar misappropriation of trade secrets litigation in California
- Represented an Internet company in a software and contract dispute pending in New York
- Manage a publicly traded company’s commercial, product liability, and consumer fraud national litigation portfolio
- Lead counsel to a national food franchise in an employment termination dispute
- Lead counsel to a national food franchise and national financial company involving TCPA claims
- Lead counsel to national mortgage servicers and financial institutions in FDCPA, RESPA, TILA, and unfair trade practices/consumer fraud litigation
- Lead counsel to a Philadelphia-based homeownership association concerning all legal and regulatory matters
- Represented a Category III casino applicant in a Pennsylvania Supreme Court concerning an interpretation of Pennsylvania’s Gaming Act
- Lead appellate counsel to individuals in an unprecedented opinion concerning the interpretation of New Jersey’s Safe Dam Act
- Represented a pharmacy in a complex professional malpractice litigationRepresented a regional industrial staffing company in a wrongful death action
- Represented a regional industrial staffing company in a wrongful death action
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Iannucci serves on the board of directors for the University of Delaware Alumni Association. He is also a member of the Lourdes Health System’s Golf Committee, and served as the past chairman of LourdesNet, the hospital’s young professional group. He also serves as a volunteer admissions representative for, and career mentor to, undergraduate students at the University of Delaware. In addition, Mr. Iannucci volunteers to provide pro bono legal services for the Philadelphia Volunteers for the Indigent Program (“VIP”), the Homeless Advocacy Project ("HAP"), and Compass.
- 2014, “Lawyer on the Fast Track,” listed in The Legal Intelligencer
- 2014-2016, Pennsylvania "Rising Star" in Business Litigation, listed in Philadelphia Magazine and Super Lawyers
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.