Dayna C. Finkelstein
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5348||f. +1.215.832.5348|
Dayna Finkelstein concentrates her practice in commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, financing, and joint venture work. She represents real estate owners, borrowers, developers, tenants, and stakeholders in both local and national transactions involving a wide range of asset classes, encompassing retail, office, multifamily, and industrial properties. She has significant experience representing Real Estate Investment Trusts (“REITs”) in both single asset and portfolio transactions. Ms. Finkelstein also counsels private equity firms and other sophisticated corporate clients on the real estate aspects of mergers, stock purchases and other corporate transactions across a wide range of industries.
In the past, she has served on Blank Rome’s Associates Committee and has been a mentor to summer associates through the Firm’s summer associate program.
While in law school, Ms. Finkelstein served as Comments Editor of the Penn State Law Review. She was also a member of the Appellate Moot Court Board and the Woolsack Honor Society.
- The acquisition, financing and joint venture purchase of 15 shopping centers totaling 4.3 million square feet throughout Western New York, with assets featuring high-quality, national retail tenants.
- The negotiation on behalf of a retailer as tenant of its 52,000 square foot warehouse lease and related advice regarding transition periods between the existing and new leases.
- The sale of 64 multifamily properties located throughout nine states and totaling more than 20,000 units to a global private equity firm.
- The sale of a mall outside of Boston, Massachusetts on behalf of the largest publicly traded real estate operating companies in the country.
- The $352 million sale of a portfolio company that is a leading provider of vessel maintenance, repair, overhaul and conversion services to government and commercial customers. The transaction involved the sale of over 500 acres of real estate located in Alabama and Florida.
- The acquisition of 32 office properties located in Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania.
- The sale of one of the largest office buildings in downtown Raleigh, North Carolina. The April 11, 2007, Real Estate ALERT listed the sale as one of the U.S.’s largest single-property commercial deals in the first quarter of 2007.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
In August, 2017 Ms. Finkelstein began serving as an adjunct professor at the Thomas R. Kline School of Law at Drexel University, where she is teaching a contract drafting course to second and third year law students.
Ms. Finkelstein has represented various pro bono clients through Philadelphia VIP.
She is also a member of Jewish Federation’s National Young Leadership Cabinet, and has held numerous leadership positions within Jewish Federation of Greater Philadelphia, including as a board member of its Commission on Social Responsibility, a member of its Innovation Fund Committee, and Board of Trustees member. She is also a frequent participant in Jewish Federation Real Estate ("JFRE") and Ben Gurion Society events.