Stephanie C. Chomentowski
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5344||f. +1.215.832.5344|
Stephanie C. Chomentowski focuses her litigation practice on complex civil litigation, business and intellectual property disputes, and white collar criminal defense. She has successfully tried a number of cases and is experienced with all aspects of state and federal litigation, including discovery, negotiating settlements, trial, and appeals.
Stephanie is experienced in complex contract, banking, and lending litigation, conducting corporate internal investigations, federal grand jury investigations, and litigating patent disputes. She also is an author for Tax Controversy Watch, which regularly publishes on developments in criminal and civil tax law, foreign bank account reporting (FBAR) obligations, and the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA).
Stephanie has interned with the Honorable Jacob P. Hart, U.S. Magistrate Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and the Environmental, Health, and Safety legal department at Tyco International. At law school, she took first place in the 2005 I. Herman Stern Moot Court Competition, was Vice President of the Temple Moot Court Honor Society, was a staff member on the Temple International and Comparative Law Journal, and was awarded a scholarship for all three years.
Stephanie’s previous career experience includes working as a project manager for McKinstry Company, a mechanical engineering and construction firm, and as a geotechnical and environmental sampling engineer for Advanced GeoServices Corporation. She holds a civil engineering degree from The Pennsylvania State University.
- Represented developer of solar panel systems in construction litigation claims on two installation projects.
- Represented trader in employment dispute with hedge fund, won $1.6 million FINRA arbitration award, plus punitive damages and attorneys’ fees.
- Represented finance company in the energy and power sector in an action to enforce terms of a $25 million financing.
- Represented electrical contractor in defense of claims that its installation of conduit and electrical equipment caused the loss of millions of dollars of flu vaccine.
- Represented global medical device manufacturer on a number of complex civil and criminal matters, including off-label promotion, Anti-Kickback and other criminal conduct, and sensitive employment matters.
- Represented electrical contractor in an international arbitration against a defense contractor for contract claims relating to a government construction and services contract.
- Represented individual in complex tax promoter grand jury investigation.
- Represented individual charged with maintaining undisclosed offshore bank accounts.
- Represented global developer of sales and marketing software for the pharmaceutical industry in an international arbitration for breach of contract.
- Represented hotel and restaurant in defeating personal injury claims of an individual who claimed to have been served alcohol at the establishment.
- Represented individual investor for claims of fraud, conversion, and conspiracy based upon misrepresentations and theft of investment monies by individuals and lenders.
- Represented clients in appellate efforts to the United States Supreme Court, the Pennsylvania Supreme Court, and the Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Stephanie has served as a Director for the Board of the Chestnut Hill Community Association and is a member of a number of its committees, including its Bylaws and Election Procedures Committees. She also handles a number of pro bono cases each year and was named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania Pro Bono Honor Roll in 2007, 2014, and 2015 for her work at the SeniorLAW Center.
- 2010-2011, 2013, Pennsylvania “Rising Star,” listed in Super Lawyers magazine
A description of the standard or methodology on which the accolades are based can be found here.
No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.