Evan H. Lechtman
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5367||f. +1.215.832.5367|
CHAIR, GENERAL LITIGATION PRACTICE GROUP
Evan Lechtman is a partner in Blank Rome’s commercial litigation practice group and co-chair of its class action defense team. Mr. Lechtman routinely represents a wide array of public and private companies in federal and state courts throughout the country in class actions involving securities fraud, consumer protection, RICO, deceptive trade practices and breach of contract.
Mr. Lechtman has represented corporations, officers, directors, audit and special committees of boards of directors, and financial institutions and advisers in all aspects of securities and shareholder litigation. He has significant experience in arbitrations and mediations before the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (“FINRA”) as well as other self-regulatory organizations. Mr. Lechtman also represents real estate firms in connection with their development, use and management of commercial real estate.
Mr. Lechtman has been recognized as a “Rising Star” among Pennsylvania Lawyers under the age of 40 in the area of securities litigation. He is a frequent speaker at legal and industry seminars concerning developments in class actions.
- Officers and directors of publicly-traded financial institution in class-action asserting violations of federal securities laws.
- Global leader in retail real estate ownership in multiple disputes concerning development projects at one of the nation’s largest shopping malls.
- Foodservice and facilities provider in class action concerning alleged violations of consumer protection laws in connection with the purchase of food and beverages in suites at a Major League Baseball stadium.
- Former officers and directors of regional bank in suit alleging violations of RICO and breach of fiduciary duty in connection with merger.
- Publicly-traded defense contractor and its officers in class-action under Section 10(b) of the Exchange Act.
- Board of directors of defense contractor in shareholder derivative claim alleging breach of fiduciary duty.
- Hedge fund founder in SEC investigation regarding insider trading.
- New Jersey municipality in class-action seeking medical monitoring damages related to distribution of allegedly polluted water.
- Limited partner in private equity investment fund asserting claims for violations of federal securities laws, breach of fiduciary duty, breach of partnership agreement, and common-law fraud.
- Investment adviser in SEC enforcement action involving Class B mutual funds.
- Publicly-traded financial institution in NASD investigation relating to municipal securities.
COMMUNITY SERVICE & AFFILIATIONS
Mr. Lechtman serves a member of the Corporate Partners Council for JEVS, a not-for-profit human services and job training agency. In addition, he is a past recipient of the National Multiple Sclerosis Society’s MS Leadership Award. Mr. Lechtman has also been named to the First Judicial District of Pennsylvania’s Pro Bono Honor Roll for his pro bono work in the Philadelphia community.