Michael J. Medveckus
|Philadelphia, PA||v. +1.215.569.5335||f. +1.215.832.5335|
Michael Medveckus concentrates his practice in business and finance law. Clients count on him to provide an efficient and practical approach to negotiating and closing complex transactions. He serves a wide range of clients in areas such as:
- private investment funds
- private placements and finance
- joint ventures and other strategic transactions
- mergers and acquisitions
- antitrust filings
- structured finance
In the mergers and acquisitions area, he has guided numerous buyers and sellers in the acquisition and divestiture of the equity and assets of an array of businesses, including in transactions involving the carve-out of a discrete division or operation from a larger corporation and distressed sales. He is also instrumental in helping the firm’s clients comply with the antitrust notification requirements under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
In the private investment fund area, Mr. Medveckus draws on nearly 25 years of broad securities and finance experience to guide fund sponsors through issues involving Investment Company Act exemptions, securities disclosures, private placement qualifications under the Securities Act and entity formation and governance. In this regard, Mr. Medveckus has developed and documented over a dozen private investment funds, consisting of real estate funds, buy-out funds, hedge funds and feeder funds. Mr. Medveckus is capable of assisting clients well beyond the formation stage with acquisitions, financings and dispositions.
- Advised a specialty chemicals company in its acquisition of a division of a publicly traded competitor and also in a bid for a separate division in a bankruptcy sale.
- Advised a sophisticated securities trading company in a complex series of transactions involving multiple mergers, a tender offer, a $70 million venture capital investment, and ultimately a sale to a major worldwide financial services company.
- Formation of a $125 million small cap buy-out fund.
- Formation of two separate hotel acquisition and development funds.
- Formation of two separate funds focused on opportunistic redevelopment, renovation and repositioning of real estate projects in the Greater Philadelphia market.
- Formation of an early-stage venture fund.
- Formation of several funds feeding into SBIC funds, an educational company buy-out fund and other large private equity funds.
- Negotiated fast-paced PIPE transactions involving critical financing.
- Completed a $70 million sale of electronic parts manufacturer to a publicly traded buyer.
- Led a team representing a NYSE-listed manufacturing company in a critical, strategic sale of its multi-state building wire division.
- Guided two large public company clients through the process of securitizing trade receivables in transactions involving $175 million and $145 million, respectively.
- Closed acquisitions and sales of health care companies, mortgage and other finance companies, technology companies and manufacturers.
- Successfully represented a private investor group in leveraged acquisitions of several distressed manufacturing companies, including foundries, metal parts fabricators and commercial appliance fabricators.
- Counseled various start-up enterprises in structuring and financing.