“Blank Rome provides a holistic offering that allows the team to act on an array of litigation, transactional, and prosecution matters across the spectrum of IP rights and technologies.”
— Chambers USA
Blank Rome delivers high level legal services in all aspects of intellectual property law:
- patent litigation
- patent prosecution and counseling
- trademark prosecution and enforcement
- IP licensing and transactions
- IP due diligence for M&A
- copyright registrations and infringement
Blank Rome’s intellectual property attorneys are dedicated to helping clients develop, protect, strategically manage, and maximize the value of their intellectual assets. We have decades of experience working on every aspect of national and international patent, trademark, and copyright law in a wide range of industries, including:
- biotechnology and bioscience
- pharmaceuticals and biologics
- computer hardware and networking
- computer services and software
- data processing
- luxury brands
- consumer goods
- financial services
We combine our many years of practice in the law with deep technical knowledge to provide comprehensive IP support. Our attorneys have engineering and scientific degrees in the electrical and mechanical arts, computer science, medicine, chemistry, pharmacy, and applied mathematics.
Further, we have successfully represented clients before state and federal courts across the country, the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (“USPTO”), the Patent Trial and Appeals Board (“PTAB”), the Trademark Trial and Appeals Board (“TTAB”), Inter Partes Review ("IPR") and on appeal from any of these tribunals to the appellate courts.
How We Can Help
Blank Rome’s intellectual property group has a deep bench of practitioners that bring both significant technical and in-house experience to the table.
This unique combination of skill and experience is why clients seek us out for our responsive, strategic, and proactive approach to aligning IP with business strategy. We listen carefully to how our clients define success in a particular matter, their concerns around controlling costs and ever tightening budgets, or how they anticipate leverage their IP assets for growth. We then develop pragmatic, value-added, and results-oriented solutions to these real-world business challenges.
What Sets Us Apart
- 45 patent litigators, including 15 that have served as lead counsel and 26 with jury trial experience
- 40 patent prosecutors and patent agents
- 20 trademark attorneys
- 35 transactional attorneys
- 15 former in-house counsel
- 2,000+ patent applications prepared and filed in the last 5 years
- 2,500+ trademark applications prepared and filed in the last 5 years
- 430+ patent cases in the last 5 years
- 100+ trademark and copyright cases in the last 5 years
- 90+ PTAB proceedings
- 120+ TTAB proceedings
- 80+ appellate cases
Blank Rome has earned a national reputation as one of the top law firms in intellectual property:
- U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers: Nationally ranked for IP Litigation, Trademark Law, and Patent Law.
- Chambers USA: Leading Intellectual Property Firm – Texas.
- World Trademark Review: Recognized for seven consecutive years among “the world’s leading trademark professionals.”
- Patexia’s IPR Intelligence Report: Top 50 firm for Inter Partes Reviews.
- IAM Patent 1000: Highly Recommended Leading IP Firm for Prosecution, Transactions, and Litigation – Texas and DC Metro.
- Managing IP – IP Stars: Recommended Intellectual Property Firm – Pennsylvania.
- Law360: Top 100 largest IP practices in the U.S.
- Corsearch: Top 50 Trademark firm nationally based on volume of applications.