When a company petitions for bankruptcy, there’s nothing more concerning that the potential impact the filing will have on its creditors. Protecting the value of your investment and the collection of rightful claims is of paramount importance.
Our bankruptcy and restructuring attorneys have the experience to guide creditors through the complex bankruptcy process and maximize their recoveries. Whether it be lenders, note holders, official creditor committees, trade creditors, or other creditor groups, we help our clients navigate the diverse interests in order to meet their respective objectives. We’re skilled at addressing the various interests and facilitating solutions to what can be at times opposing goals. We bring a common-sense approach to bankruptcy proceedings and will assert your rights in bankruptcy court. When issues cannot be resolved, we will litigate to maximize and protect the value of your investment.
We represent creditor groups both secured and unsecured across industries that include automotive, financial, oil and gas, food services, maritime, and telecommunications, among others. When necessary, we also call upon some of the services of our other disciplines such as real estate, finance, intellectual property, ERISA, tax, and more to handle other bankruptcy matters.
How We Can Help
- lien issues
- debtor-in-possession financing
- claim objections
- automatic stay provisions
- proof of claims
- dispute resolution
- petition filing
- plan of reorganization
- cash collateral use
- review of reporting requirements
What Sets Us Apart
- Chambers USA notes we have a “stellar bankruptcy and restructuring team handling the full range of issues including Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 matters, as well as related bankruptcy litigation. Maintains a specialty practice advising maritime and transportation clients, and possesses significant knowledge of complex financing transactions.”
- 2014–2017 Chambers USA recognized the Firm for Bankruptcy/Restructuring both nationally and regionally in Delaware and Pennsylvania.
- Our bankruptcy practice ranked at the top of The American Lawyer’s Corporate Scoreboard in 2011.
- Four of the team’s attorneys are fellows of the prestigious American College of Bankruptcy. One partner served as Third Circuit regent of the American College of Bankruptcy and another partner served as chairman of the American College of Bankruptcy Foundation and is a past chair of the American College of Bankruptcy.
- Many members of the group write and lecture extensively on issues involving corporate restructuring and bankruptcy.