Ship Owner Responsibilities
Blank Rome maritime associate Vanessa C. DiDomenico authored the chapter on “Ship Owner Responsibilities” for Ballast Water Management and Environmental Protection (Cambridge Scholars Publishing, June 28, 2022).
In her chapter, Vanessa covers the following topics:
- New Building Vessels and Existing Vessels
- Shipowner Compliance Strategies
- Using Onboard Systems to Manage Ballast Water
- A Brief Discussion on the ROI & Other Costs
- Aspects of Shipboard Operation
- The Ballast Water Management Plan
Ballast Water Management and Environmental Protection addresses the extensive global efforts of the International Maritime Organization to create rules around effective ballast water management. To learn more, please visit Ballast Water Management and Environmental Protection.