An Interview with Shauna Johnson Clark: Partner, Parent and Pioneer
Blank Rome Associate Emery Richards recently interviewed “Partner, Parent and Pioneer” Shauna Johnson Clark in the “Pioneers In Houston Law” feature of the March/April 2018 edition of The Houston Lawyer (pp. 17-18).
In her interview, Emery asks Ms. Clark a range of personal and professional questions, seeking her insight and observations on various timely topics and life experiences, including her:
- personal and professional path that led her to Houston;
- noteworthy milestones, beyond her historic invitation to serve as the first African American female partner at a major Houston law firm;
- community service efforts outside of the legal industry;
- role in expanding diversity and inclusion, both within her firm and globally;
- perspective on her challenges and experiences in the legal industry;
- observations on balancing her career and parenthood, as a mother of four who is married to a senior executive of a Fortune 500 company;
- insight into the critical issues that face our communities at this time; and
- observations on the national #MeToo conversation.
Lastly, Emery concluded her interview asking Ms. Clark what advice she has for others charting their path in the field of law.
To read the full interview, please click here.