Valerie Ringel has over thirty years of experience handling a wide range of employment and commercial litigation matters
She has represented management in claims of age, race, national origin, disability and gender discrimination, and sexual harassment, and has prepared and responded to administrative charges before the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (“EEOC”) and New York State Division of Human Rights.
Additionally, Valerie has:
- conducted investigations of claims of sexual harassment; and defended individuals against claims of racial and sexual harassment
- drafted and revised employee handbooks and policies
- reviewed and prepared separation agreements and employment contracts
- counseled clients on a variety of employment-related issues
Valerie is involved in all aspects of a commercial litigation practice in state and federal court, including:
- preparing and arguing dispositive and discovery motions
- propounding and responding to discovery requests, including electronic discovery
- conducting and defending depositions
- participating in state and federal court jury and bench trials
- preparing appellate briefs.
Outside the Firm
- Member, The Nature Conservancy
- Member, American Legion Auxiliary