Tara has more than 13 years of experience representing clients in matrimonial and family law atters and obtaining favorable results for her clients through negotiated settlements or litigation. Tara practices in New York and New Jersey and has represented many high net worth clients in matrimonial matters which involved equitable distribution of multi-million dollar marital estates.
Tara's focus is always to attain the best overall result for her clients. She is a skilled negotiator and attempts, wherever possible, to attain the client’s goals through a negotiated settlement. But, when it is in her client’s interests or when the client’s objectives cannot be obtained through settlement, Tara zealously advocates for her clients in the litigation context.
Tara has advised clients in the following areas of matrimonial and family law:
- negotiation of prenuptial agreements
- negotiation of postnuptial agreements
- negotiation of separation agreements and/or stipulations of settlement
- divorce settlement negotiation, mediation, and/or litigation
- child custody and access issues
- disputes regarding the appropriate jurisdiction to hear child custody issues under the UCCJEA
- child support and spousal support/ alimony
- equitable Distribution issues including complex asset valuation issues
- post-judgment change of custody litigation
Tara is a graduate of Temple University Beasley School of Law and earned her Bachelor of Arts from Villanova University. Tara also earned a business minor from Villanova University’s Commerce and Finance School.