CO-CHAIR, MARITIME INDUSTRY TEAM
Richard Singleton is a member of our Maritime Emergency Response Team (“MERT”).
Richard concentrates his practice in the areas of commercial law, litigation, and arbitration, with particular emphasis on the maritime industry. He has over 25 years’ experience counseling clients, both domestic and international, in areas such as:
- Maritime casualties such as collisions, groundings, fires, and sinkings, as well as damage to undersea electric cables and pipelines
- Tug and tow
- Charterparty and bill of lading issues and disputes
- Maritime insolvency and restructuring
- Maritime environmental law
- U.S. Coast Guard and other governmental maritime investigations
- Insurance and reinsurance
- General commercial disputes, including litigation and arbitration
Richard is ranked in Chambers USA as a leading attorney for shipping litigation in New York. Chambers states that he is an “experienced figure who handles matters such as bills of lading, maritime casualty, and insurance disputes” and notes that clients say they admire that he is “hugely experienced; his knowledge of general maritime law in the U.S., in particular to casualty claims, is profound.” Richard is co-chair of the Maritime and Transport Law Committee of the International Bar Association.