Richard Fineman has more than 20 years of experience in real estate law and business, as both in-house and outside counsel. Rich has handled a wide variety of complex real estate matters, including sophisticated development projects, acquisitions, dispositions, leases, and financings, as well as public-private transactions and distressed real estate matters.
Rich has deep and diverse experience in development and finance for a variety of commercial projects, from professional sports stadiums and skyscrapers to industrial marine terminals and student and military housing.
His experience includes representing, counseling, and advising lenders, borrowers, underwriters, trustees, special servicers, developers, landlords, tenants, buyers, sellers, property managers, and government agencies in structuring, documenting, and negotiating a broad range of complex commercial real estate and real estate finance transactions, including:
- acquisitions, sales, and development of commercial property;
- construction, permanent, and bond financing;
- leasing of ground, office, corporate headquarter, industrial, and retail space;
- title insurance and survey review, analysis, and coverage;
- public-private projects, including military housing, student housing, and parking privatization; and
- distressed real estate transactions, including foreclosures, receiverships, and workouts.
Rich also has wide-ranging experience with real estate-related business issues, including:
- oversight and management of day-to-day legal, operational, and compliance matters and strategies for projects and properties;
- preparation, administration, and enforcement of various contracts;
- property, asset, and risk management;
- formation and management of business entities;
- negotiation, implementation and management of joint venture, investor, and tenant-in-common transactions; and
- coordination and oversight of teams of legal and other professionals, including tax, accounting, insurance, and bankruptcy.