A Tampa native, Paul has extensive experience in defending and prosecuting claims relating to title and lien priority, breach of contract, lien foreclosure, tax deed litigation, zoning, eminent domain, fraud, misrepresentation, civil theft, malicious prosecution, civil conspiracy, and disputes arising under TILA, RESPA, FCRA, ECOA and FDCPA.
Paul manages a portfolio of highly-litigated appellate, federal, state, and bankruptcy court cases focused in the areas of consumer banking, bankruptcy, finance, and real estate litigation, where he:
- collaborates extensively with in-house counsel to develop and implement litigation, settlement, trial, and appellate strategies in order to minimize risk and future exposure
- advises business units regarding a variety of business, statutory, regulatory, and contractual issues
- drafts pleadings, discovery, briefs, memos, motions, contracts, deeds, settlement agreements, and other legal documents necessary to achieve favorable resolutions
- conducts legal research to obtain answers to complex issues of law or facts
- handles bench trials, motion hearings, evidentiary hearings, and mediations
During law school, Paul served as president of the Business Law Society, was a member of the Phi Delta Phi honors fraternity, and received the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award.