A Tampa native, Paul has extensive experience in defending and prosecuting claims relating to title and lien priority, breach of contract, lien foreclosure, tax deed litigation, zoning, eminent domain, fraud, misrepresentation, civil theft, malicious prosecution, civil conspiracy, and disputes arising under TILA, RESPA, FCRA, and FDCPA.
Paul manages a portfolio of highly-litigated appellate, federal, state, and bankruptcy court cases focused in the areas of consumer banking, bankruptcy, finance, and real estate litigation, where he:
- collaborates extensively with in-house counsel to develop and implement litigation, settlement, trial, and appellate strategies to minimize risk and future exposure
- advises business units regarding a variety of business, statutory, regulatory, and contractual issues
- drafts pleadings, discovery, appellate briefs, memos, motions, contracts, deeds, settlement agreements, and other legal documents necessary to achieve favorable resolutions
- conducts legal research to obtain answers to complex issues of law or facts
- is experienced with appellate oral argument, motion practice, the discovery process, trial practice, post-trial litigation and alternative dispute resolution.
In addition, Paul has experience working on a variety of commercial, corporate, matrimonial, domestic relations, and labor and employment litigation matters.