Nicholas Harbist concentrates his practice in complex criminal and commercial litigation. Herepresents clients in a variety of industries in matters related to:
- healthcare fraud and abuse, defense contract fraud, securities and tax fraud, environmental crimes, antitrust crimes, FCPA and corruption crimes, export crimes, and general business fraud
- RICO, antitrust, securities, trade secrets, healthcare litigation
- professional licensing litigation
- corporate internal investigations
- corporate compliance programs
- Qui Tam / False Claims Act and whistleblower litigation
Nicholas is a seasoned trial lawyer. He is a former assistant U.S. attorney for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania (1984–1996), where he served as the special fraud coordinator; and special assistant U.S. attorney involving litigation under the Classified Information Procedures Act. As a federal prosecutor, he conducted dozens of high-profile investigations and trials. Based on this experience, he developed a keen understanding of the compliance challenges facing corporate boards and CEOs.
Nicholas is a nationally recognized lecturer on white collar criminal law topics. He was a featured speaker at the American Bar Association’s 4th Annual International White Collar Crime Institute Conference in London in October 2015. He spoke on “Crisis Management in Litigation.”
Nicholas is a skilled appellate lawyer and has argued cases before the Third Circuit Court of Appeals and the New Jersey Supreme Court.
He is consistently recognized by The International Who’s Who of Business Crime Defense Lawyers and The International Who’s Who of International Investigations Lawyers.