Michael Lupton concentrates his practice on environmental and insurance recovery matters. Michael has extensive experience representing clients on a broad range matters including:
- Representing Fortune 500 Companies in disputes involving complex site remediation plans.
- Defending clients in mass tort litigation, including lawsuits relating to alleged exposure to chemicals and/or hazardous materials.
- Defending clients in environmental litigation, including lawsuits asserting claims under the New Jersey Environmental Rights Act.
- Representing policyholders in their pursuit of defense and indemnity coverage in connection with complex long tail environmental claims, securities claims spanning multiple years of Directors’ and Officers’/Management Liability (“D&O”) coverage, and mass tort claims.
- Advising clients on claims handling and other insurance-related and risk-management issues.
Michael previously served as a judicial intern for the Hon. Cheryl L. Pollak of the Eastern District of New York and as a legal intern for the New York City Transit Authority and the Hon. Eugene J. Codey of the Essex Vicinage Court House.
During law school, Michael was a member of the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial & Commercial Law. He also served as a clinic intern for the Brooklyn Law School LGBT Law Clinic and as treasurer of OUTLaws, an LGBT affinity group.
Outside the Firm
When he’s not working, Michael enjoys being outdoors where he can usually be found fishing, golfing, or skiing.