Lewis Hoch has been engaged in legal practice for 35 years. He maintains a general corporate practice with emphasis upon the following areas:
- transactional, regulatory, and compliance issues impacting cemeteries, funeral homes, and crematories
- mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- cross-border representations
- transactional and regulatory matters impacting healthcare suppliers, providers, and managed-care entities
- legal issues impacting charities and other nonprofit entities
In addition to his regular corporate practice, Lewis served as outside general counsel from 1999 until 2016 to StoneMor Partners L.P, a publicly traded company furnishing cemetery, funeral, and crematory services. During his tenure, StoneMor grew from a start-up to the second largest deathcare provider within the United States.
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Lewis served as general counsel to Genesis Health Ventures, a publicly traded company furnishing diversified healthcare services to seniors and as a partner in another major Philadelphia law firm.