Kathy Herman maintains a practice focused on providing strategic advice and counsel to companies, management and entrepreneurs on a broad variety of business issues. Kathy advises clients a wide range of clients in corporate, commercial and securities issues, such as:
- general corporate transactions and initiatives
- mergers and acquisitions
- debt and equity financings
- corporate governance best practices and compliance
- commercial and operational agreements and arrangements
- issues relating to social enterprise entities and impact investment
- counseling and formation of nonprofit organizations
- general business counseling
Kathy was formerly the General Counsel of Nobel Learning Communities, Inc., a publicly traded provider of education and educational services. Before joining Nobel Learning Communities, Kathy was General Counsel at IBAH, Inc., a contract research organization providing research and development services to the drug and biotechnology industries, which was publicly traded before it was acquired by Omnicare, Inc. Kathy also served in-house, as a consultant, to public companies in the telecommunications and electronic messaging and transaction services industries.
In 2017, Kathy was elected Judge of Elections in Ward 5, Division 25 of the City of Philadelphia.