Kathy Herman maintains a practice focused on providing strategic advice and counsel to companies, management and entrepreneurs on a broad variety of business issues. Kathy advises clients a wide range of clients in corporate, commercial and securities issues, such as:
- general corporate transactions and initiatives
- mergers and acquisitions
- debt and equity financings
- corporate governance best practices and compliance
- commercial and operational agreements and arrangements
- issues relating to social enterprise entities and impact investment
- counseling and formation of nonprofit organizations
- general business counseling
Kathy was formerly the General Counsel of Nobel Learning Communities, Inc., a publicly traded provider of education and educational services. Before joining Nobel Learning Communities, Kathy was General Counsel at IBAH, Inc., a contract research organization providing research and development services to the drug and biotechnology industries, which was publicly traded before it was acquired by Omnicare, Inc. Kathy also served in-house, as a consultant, to public companies in the telecommunications and electronic messaging and transaction services industries.
Outside the Firm
In 2017, Kathy was elected Judge of Elections in Ward 5, Division 25 of the City of Philadelphia. Kathy also is a member of The Circle of Aunts and Uncles, a multi-generational project to provide low-interest loans and social capital to under-resourced entrepreneurs in order to co-create a more equitable, compassionate, sustainable, and vibrant local economy in the Greater Philadelphia region.