Julia Holt represents individual and corporate policyholders in negotiations, informal disputes, arbitrations, and litigation to maximize their recovery of insurance policy proceeds. She has represented policyholders, including Fortune 500 companies, in numerous industries, including:
- advertising and marketing
- automotive manufacturing
- chemical manufacturing
- commercial construction
- consumer products
- entertainment and media
- financial services
- food manufacturing
- professional services
- public higher education
- real estate
Her experience includes significant recoveries under first-party insurance policies for property damage and business interruption loss due to hurricanes and other weather-related events. In addition, she has successfully recovered proceeds for her clients under crime policies.
Julia also has recovered significant amounts from insurers for defense fees and costs, and indemnification for settlements and judgments, under third-party insurance policies, including commercial general liability, management liability, directors & officers liability, and employment practices liability, in connection with:
- U.S. Department of Justice, grand jury, and other government investigations
- lawsuits for copyright and trademark infringement, misappropriation of likeness/right of publicity, and trade disparagement
- lawsuits for class action securities fraud and breaches of fiduciary duties
- lawsuits for class action products liability
- lawsuits for class action right-of-way/trespass, class action property and environmental damage, class action toxic tort, construction defect, and significant bodily injury
- lawsuits for actuarial malpractice and professional malpractice
- lawsuits for class action predatory lending and fraud
- lawsuits for wrongful employment practices
While earning her J.D., Julia served as a law fellow in Georgetown University Law Center’s Legal Research & Writing Department, and as a senior project editor for the American Criminal Law Review.
Julia enjoys travel, paddleboarding, and spending time with her dogs.