Joe Culleiton concentrates his consumer financial services practice on individual, derivative, and class actions in the banking, consumer finance, investment management, and securities industries, as well as class actions involving employment issues. He has broad experience in general commercial and other complex litigation, including patent and trade secret issues.
- Lead trial counsel for a prominent financial institution in a federal bench trial alleging a breach of implied duty of good faith and fair dealing. The verdict is still pending.
- Defended a prominent financial institution in multiple derivative and class action cases claiming that the company aided and abetted Ponzi schemes.
- Represented one of the country's largest mutual fund advisers in multiple derivative suits in various federal courts challenging allegedly excessive advisory fees under the Investment Company Act.
- Trial counsel in damages phase of a federal jury trial on behalf of a manufacturer that was found to have misappropriated trade secrets.
- Defeated a class certification in the Third Circuit Court of Appeals in an Americans with Disabilities Act class action brought against one of the nation's largest employers claiming that the client had a "100% healed" policy preventing injured employees from returning to work.
- Defended a consumer lending company in a statewide class action alleging statutory violations in connection with motor vehicle repossessions.
- Press Release
Joseph E. Culleiton, Alan J. Hoffman
- Media Coverage
Joseph E. Culleiton
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court - Western District of Pennsylvania
- United States Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Georgetown University Law Center, JD
- Georgetown University, BS