Jeremy Mercer is an experienced litigator who focuses his energy industry practice on oil and gas counsel and litigation. His extensive experience in the shale and hydraulic fracturing arena includes
- counseling on challenges regarding local zoning ordinances
- defending against lease invalidity claims
- defending litigation matters alleging contamination and health effects from drilling operations
- rights-of-way and easements
- counseling clients on their obligations relative to government agencies and regulations
Jeremy is experienced in all levels of state and federal courts, including trials, preliminary injunctions, and appeals.
Jeremy previously served as a law clerk to United States Magistrate Judge Nancy A. Vecchiarelli in the United States District Court, Northern District of Ohio and to the Franklin County (Ohio) Municipal Court. He frequently writes and speaks on industry-related events and topics for leading legal publications and conferences.
In 2017, Jeremy received the David T. Stephens Outstanding Alumni Award from the Youngstown State University Geography Department. He is an Honorary Member of Gamma Theta Upsilon.
When not working, you can find Jeremy spending time with his wife and two young children, whether at a park or playground, an amusement park, the backyard, or, on occasion, a cruise ship.