Jennifer Lombardo concentrates her practice on matrimonial and family law matters, notably representing plaintiffs and defendants in divorce actions from retention to final resolution. Her experience includes, but is not limited to:
- financial discovery, including drafting and responding to discovery demands
- taking and defending depositions
- drafting and responding to interrogatories and subpoenas
- preparing statements of net worth
- making and responding to pendente lite motions
- negotiating and drafting settlement, prenuptial, and midnuptial agreements
- working with law guardians and various experts regarding custody disputes
- performing all tasks in preparation for, and engagement in, trials, including drafting witness sheets, compiling evidence, preparing pretrial and post-trial briefs, and questioning witnesses (direct and cross-examination)
Jennifer has also regularly appeared in court for status conferences and motion practice, and engaged in all stages of appellate practice, from writing briefs to arguing before the appellate court.
In addition to her matrimonial and family law practice, Jennifer is well-versed in structured finance matters, previously representing certificate insurers in the modification of contracts relating to the issuance of mortgage-backed securities as well as representing clients engaged in asset purchase transactions and in contracts for the extension of credit to small businesses.