Jared DeBona is a general litigation associate whose practice includes a wide range of litigation matters in both state and federal courts nationwide. He counsels and represents individuals and institutions in the following areas:
- business issues, including breach of contract, fraud, unfair trade, and other business torts
- employment issues, including enforcement of non-compete and non-solicit agreements, unfair competition, and breach of fiduciary duties
- intellectual property issues, including misappropriation of trade secrets, theft of electronic information, and software and technology disputes
- wrongful death and product liability cases, defending companies that design and manufacture medical devices and pharmaceuticals
- complex matrimonial matters, including divorce, equitable distribution, child custody, child support, alimony, surrogacy and gestational agreements, and pre-nuptial and post-nuptial agreements
While in law school, Jared was the Managing Editor of the Temple Law Review in which his Comment, “Mom, Dad, Here’s Your Allowance: The Impending Reemergence of Pennsylvania’s Filial Support Statute and An Appeal for its Amendment,” 86 Temp. L. Rev. 849, 874 (2014), was published in 2014. Jared’s Comment was the winner of Temple Law’s 2014 Student Symposium and was cited by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania in In re Thomas Skinner?, Civ. A. No. 14-6697 (E.D. Pa. 2015) (Baylson, J.,).
Before graduating law school, Jared served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Timothy J. Savage of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania and for the Honorable Joy Flowers Conti of the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Jared is a Pittsburgh native who loves spending time with family and eating home cooked Italian meals. During college, Jared was a member of the Lambda Chi Alpha fraternity. In his free time, Jared enjoys finding new restaurants to try with his wife.