- Philadelphia Bar Association
- Brehon Law Society
- Failte Ireland
- Friends of Julian F. Abele Park
- George Washington University Alumni Association
- Irish American Business Chamber & Network
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
James was elected as the 21st president of the Philadelphia Brehon Law Society for the 2016–2017 term. He remains a member of the Brehon Executive Committee. James is actively involved with the George Washington University Alumni Association. He served as Vice President for Awards for the Alumni Association’s Executive Committee, and as co-chair for the Philadelphia GW Alumni Network. He presently serves as a Member at the GWU Columbian College National Council for Arts and Sciences. James also serves on the Subcommittee for Legal Affairs for Irish Memorial Board of Directors and he is a member of the Golf Steering Committee for the American Ireland Fund’s Philadelphia Outing.
James is a member of Blank Rome’s Philadelphia Pro Bono Coordinating Committee and he participates the Firm’s internship program as a litigation adviser held in conjunction with a Temple University/Tsinghua University international studies LLM.