Jack Higdon’s practice focuses on civil trial and appellate work, with particular emphasis on petrochemical, investment, insurance coverage, governmental, and general business disputes. In connection with managing a high-stake, complex litigation docket, Jack has developed significant experience with the application of leading-edge litigation technologies.
- Litigation—Jack handles complex litigation matters and resolves client issues in all contexts (trial, pre-litigation, litigation, arbitration, ADR, and appellate), litigating in both state and federal courts. These disputes vary in terms of both subjects and forums (i.e., commercial contract and business tort disputes, first-party insurance coverage disputes, UCC disputes, construction matters, employer-side trade secret and unfair competition disputes, product liability issues, land use disputes, securities fraud claims, and governmental disputes).
- E-Discovery & Information Management—Jack has a great depth of experience in managing e-discovery strategy and implementation of cost-effective, leading-edge technologies in litigation and pre-litigation contexts, including:
- acting as the co-chair of Blank Rome’s “E-discovery Committee ” (a practice group that oversees Blank Rome’s provision/supervision of e-discovery services to clients)
- authoring a law firm’s internal manual on e-discovery best practices and supervising training of firm attorneys on the subject
- auditing large institutional clients’ computer systems and authoring legal hold policies and training intended to reduce the litigation costs and spoliation risks related to the collection/preservation of electronically stored information
- Sedona Conference—Jack participates as a member of the Sedona Conference, which is a nonprofit legal policy research and education organization of judges, attorneys, and e-discovery experts who are dedicated to resolving e-discovery and information management issues.
Outside the Firm
Jack is an avid golfer who plays to a single digit handicap and builds his own golf clubs.