Hilary is a strategic litigator and adviser who is well versed in handling complex individual, class action, regulatory, administrative, and arbitration matters, notably in the areas of consumer financial services, banking, consumer protection defense, privacy and data security, white collar defense, employment, business, and corporate litigation.
She has an established track record in matters involving:
- Consumer protection statutes, including the Electronic Funds Transfer Act (“EFTA”) and Regulation E, the Truth-in-Savings Act (“TISA”) and Regulation DD, the Truth-in-Lending Act (“TILA”) and Regulation Z, the Expedited Funds Availability Act and Regulation CC, UDAAP/UDAP, the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (“FDCPA”), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (“FCRA”) and Regulation V, and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (“TCPA”)
- Breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, and business divorces
- Fraud, deceptive acts and practices, and the Racketeer Influenced Corrupt Organizations Act (“RICO”)
- State garnishment proceedings and judgment enforcement
- UCC check claims
- Real estate disputes and landlord-tenant issues
- Civil rights/Title IX matters
- State and federal employment disputes
- Regulatory investigations, information requests, and exams
Prior to joining Blank Rome, Hilary worked as a litigator and compliance counselor at various prominent law firms. She also worked as in-house counsel at a leading American bank holding company and supported the consumer/business banking deposits, ATMs, and debit card lines of business.