VICE CHAIR, CONSUMER FINANCE LITIGATION PRACTICE GROUP
Edward Chang’s practice is focused on consumer financial services and commercial litigation. Edward represents and counsels residential mortgage loan servicers and lenders in all phases of litigation, from initial investigation through trial and appeal, in numerous state and federal courts throughout the country.
He routinely handles a variety of claims relating to residential mortgage loan interests, contested foreclosure and servicing issues, including:
- securitization and standing
- claims of wrongful foreclosure
- violations of TILA, RESPA, FCRA, FDCPA, ECOA and related federal and state consumer protection laws
- improper mortgage loan assignment and holder in due course issues
- wrongful eviction, loan modifications, lien priority, title claims, fraud, tax sales, and related servicing issues
Edward also has extensive experience in defending and prosecuting complex commercial cases, including contractual disputes, consumer class action claims, and shareholder breach of fiduciary duty claims.
Edward is an Ironman triathlete and is proficient in speaking Mandarin.