Courtney Presswood concentrates her practice in the areas of mergers and acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, securities, and general corporate matters, including:
- public and private companies in mergers and acquisitions
- private equity funds and their portfolio companies
- venture capital funding transactions
- public and private securities offerings and other financings
- securities regulation compliance and corporate governance matters
- a variety of general business matters, including business formation and planning, commercial agreements, executive compensation and equity compensation arrangements
While in law school, Courtney worked as a clinic intern at the Donald Pritzker Entrepreneurship Law Center at Northwestern University, served as a judicial intern to Honorable Timothy A. Barnes of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois, and was an Associate Editor for the Journal of International Law & Business.
Outside the Firm
Courtney’s interests include backpacking internationally, reading literature and about current events, spending time with her English bulldog, learning to play guitar, hiking, and yoga.