Arthur Bachman advises clients in all industries regarding issues concerning employee benefits. He has substantial experience counseling clients in connection with:
- 401(k) plans
- retirement plans including defined benefit plans and cash balance plans
- ERISA litigation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plans
- venture capital operating companies
- real estate operating companies
- fiduciary responsibilities
- “top hat” plans
- withdrawal liability relating to union pension funds
- IRS and Department of Labor audits including correction programs
- cafeteria plans
- welfare plans
- employee benefit plans in connection with mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcies, and private equity investments
Before entering private practice, Art served as an attorney/adviser for the Legislation and Regulations Division of the Internal Revenue Service’s Office of Chief Counsel where he wrote portions of ERISA. Art co-wrote a chapter and supplements in ERISA: A Comprehensive Guide (John Wiley & Sons). He has published numerous articles and is a frequent speaker at employee benefit events.
Art has received the highest possible rating from Martindale-Hubbell.