Ann Laupheimer concentrates her practice on corporate litigation, including:
- Insurance coverage and insolvency— directors' and officers', errors and omissions, general commercial liability policy coverage litigation
- complex business disputes arising from M&A, joint ventures, and corporate dissolutions
- corporate liability—director, officer, professional, and general partner liability
- shareholder disputes
- banking and financial institutions litigation
- bankruptcy-related litigation
Ms. Laupheimer is recognized by Chambers USA as a leader in general commercial litigation and insurance litigation. Chambers notes that “she enjoys a high standing in the market and has carved a niche in dealing with insurance company insolvency work. Competitors are impressed with her judgment and remark that Ms. Laupheimer is ‘unflappable, has very good business sense, and is very well regarded,’ and that she is a 'delight to have on the other side—she is experienced and understands the issues, so you can get straight to the nub of the problem.’” Ms. Laupheimer is described as “smart, efficient and thorough” and “a really good lawyer and an excellent litigator.” She is also called "a client's best advocate."