Alen Hsu concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, employment, business, and general commercial disputes. Alen’s practice is devoted to advising domestic and foreign businesses on complex legal and business matters. He has served as counsel on a number of multimillion dollar litigation and class action matters in state court and federal court, and he has experience handling arbitrations, trials, and appeals. His experience is bolstered by his demonstrated ability to aggressively litigate cases while simultaneously developing creative and cost-effective settlement solutions to complex problems on behalf of the firm's clients.
Alen maintains an active and diverse litigation practice involving:
- real estate disputes, landlord tenant, and construction defects
- wills, trust and estates litigation
- trade secret, non-compete, and business and employment litigation
- class action defense
- financial institution and bankruptcy litigation
- American with Disabilities Act, Fair Labor Standards Act, Fair Debt Collections Practice Act, False Claims Act, Sherman Act/Antitrust matters, Telephone Consumer Protection Act
Alen also regularly drafts and counsels his clients on business matters involving:
- corporate formation and governance documents
- employment contracts including non-compete and nondisclosure agreements
- contracts for the sale and purchase of a business
- lease agreements
Alen obtained a bachelor’s of science in business management from the University of Florida. While at the University of Florida, Alen completed a study abroad program on Elizabethan England and William Shakespeare at Cambridge University, England. Alen received his law degree from Nova Southeastern University.
Alen is proficient in spoken Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese.