Alen Hsu concentrates his practice in the areas of real estate, employment, business, and general commercial disputes. Alen’s practice is devoted to advising domestic and foreign businesses on complex legal and business matters. He has served as counsel on a number of multimillion dollar litigation matters in state court and federal court, and has experience handling arbitrations, trials, and appeals.
Alen maintains an active and diverse litigation practice involving:
- real estate disputes
- construction defects
- landlord tenant matters
- wills, trust and estates litigation
- business and employment litigation
- contract disputes
- consumer class actions
- bankruptcy litigation
- False Claims Act
- Sherman Act/Antitrust matters
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- American with Disabilities Act
- Fair Debt Collections Practice Act
Alen also regularly drafts and counsels his clients on business matters involving:
- corporate governance documents
- employment contracts including non-compete agreements
- non-disclosure agreements
- contracts for the sale and purchase of a business
- lease agreements
Alen obtained a bachelor’s of science in business management from the University of Florida. While at the University of Florida, Alen completed a study abroad program on Elizabethan England and William Shakespeare at Cambridge University, England. Alen received his law degree from Nova Southeastern University.
Alen is proficient in spoken Mandarin Chinese and Taiwanese.