Leading Chefs Unite to Help Hospitality Workers
Blank Rome Partner Sean R. Weissbart, who also serves as general counsel for the Ment'or BKB Foundation, one of the nation’s premier charities focused on culinary arts, was interviewed by Restaurant Rockstars Podcast for their episode, Leading Chefs Unite to Help Hospitality Workers.
In his interview, Sean discuss how the COVID-19 crisis has devastated the restaurant business and how he teamed up with Danny Meyer, CEO of Union Square Hospitality Group, as well as leading chefs Daniel Boulud and Thomas Keller, to create a 501(c)(3) company raising funds for those in the restaurant business who need it most—front line employees.
Additional podcast discussion topics include:
- the initial goals and framework for this charity
- the obstacles and how they were navigated
- who it will benefit and how
- tax benefits and IRS exemptions
- differences and overlap with the Paycheck Protection Program
- how this initiative can help inspire additional industry programs
To watch to the full podcast, please click here or listen below.