Blank Rome Leaders Say Success Lies in Diversity, Teamwork
Nearly six years ago, more than 100 attorneys from Dickstein Shapiro joined Blank Rome LLP's Washington, D.C., and New York offices, including members of a policyholder-only insurance recovery team that hit the ground running on the way to become a nationally recognized squad.
Law360 spoke with James R. "Jim" Murray, the insurance recovery team's leader—who has twice been named by Law360 as an MVP in insurance coverage—and Linda Kornfeld, the team's co-chair, about how the team's lateral hiring practices, diversity and overall teamwork have resulted in positive results for clients.
Jim and Linda also provide thoughtful answers, insight, and commentary into the following interview questions:
- What's the story behind the formation of the team?
- What was the next step for the team after the firms combined?
- What do you think are the keys to the team's success?
- What's the team's philosophy? How do you approach a case?
- What do you think have been the team's top three accomplishments?
- How important is diversity and inclusion in the legal industry, and how can it make for a more successful team of litigators?
- What are the biggest challenges that team has faced, and what did do you to overcome them?
- What do you think is currently the biggest trend in insurance litigation?
- What are some other areas of coverage litigation that are going to become more prevalent in the years to come?
To read the full article, please click here.
“Blank Rome Leaders Say Success Lies in Diversity, Teamwork,” by Shane Dilworth was published in Law360 on January 14, 2022.