Blank Rome’s team of nationally recognized leasing attorneys handle a wide range of complex commercial leasing transactions and are often involved in deals cited as among the “highest profile” in various industry sectors.
They ensure that the wide-ranging business and legal issues related to leasing transactions, such as indemnification, tax treatment of allowances and benefits, tenant improvement construction allowances, and environmental concerns, among others, are addressed and accounted for in every leasing agreement.
In many instances, lawyers in the Real Estate Group are able to approach leasing transactions with a team mentality allowing Blank Rome to achieve cost efficiencies widely sought by consumers of leasing legal services. Our clients include:
- Owners, including:
- large cap private equity funds
- REITS and other portfolio owners of Class A office buildings
- national universities
- globally active investment banking institutions
- ground lessors and lessees
- owners of regional shopping centers, suburban office parks, warehouses and mixed use facilities
- National and regional retail operators in “rolling out” their initial or expanding leasing programs in a broad range of sectors, including banking, food and beverage, health and leisure and more conventional retail operations
- Tenants and operators in off balance sheet financing transactions through “absolute NNN” and sale-leaseback arrangements
How We Can Help
Our team works to negotiate every lease we handle so that the provisions are fair, adds value to the transaction, and affords stability and cost-effective occupancy. We work with all type of leases, including:
- retail and shopping center
- ground leases
We also perform leasing program review and analysis, leasing form preparation, leasing portfolio due diligence, and lease abstracting services.
Additionally, we advise companies, including those ranked in the Fortune 500, with creative space management strategies through compliance with municipal and state tax incentive programs.
What Sets Us Apart
- National and regional Tier 1 rankings in U.S. News & World Report–Best Lawyers® 2020 “Best Law Firms” for Real Estate Law.
- Chambers USA 2019 recognized practice and individual attorney rankings for Real Estate Law. Our real estate attorneys have been ranked in Chambers USA every year for the last seven years.
- Clients tell Chambers USA researchers:
- “Acts for an impressive list of leading financial institutions, as well as owners, developers and REITs.”
- “Possesses strong capabilities in zoning and land use issues and is also regularly called upon for its expertise in restructuring work and tax assessment matters”
- “Sources say the firm is ‘very, very strong in representing real estate developers.’”