“‘Every individual I have met at Blank Rome is impressive. They are strong in all areas. They are my first choice as counsel and will remain so,’ enthuses one client.”
— Client feedback, Chambers USA
Family offices are one of the fastest growing investment vehicles today. As concerns about wealth preservation and succession planning within family businesses continue to rise, wealthy families are increasingly evaluating the benefits of setting one up. However, each family business has its unique set of needs, which requires a unique set of solutions.
Blank Rome understands the importance of preserving the wealth built by your families and businesses. We take the time to learn about your culture and goals so we can customize solutions that will meet your specific objectives. Our dedicated team draws upon the experience of attorneys throughout the firm, including those focused on corporate, M&A, securities, finance, labor and employment, real estate, trusts and estates, intellectual property, and matrimonial and family law. We provide comprehensive legal services to assist business owners in forming and managing family offices and private trust structures.
We understand the complexity and the challenges—legal, business, and personal—involved in owning and running a family business and family offices. We view ourselves as “family business advisers” and collaborate with your accountants, investment advisors, financial planners, and life insurance professionals enabling them to develop and implement appropriate and tax-effective strategies for asset management, business succession planning, and the transmission of wealth to subsequent generations.
How We Can Help
- corporate governance
- funds and investment management
- fund to fund investments
- intellectual property
- labor and employment
- matrimonial and family law
- mergers and acquisitions
- organizational structure
- private equity
- real estate
- regulatory compliance
- capital markets
- trusts and estates
- venture capital
What Sets Us Apart
- Top national and state rankings for Corporate Law and M&A Law in U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers.
- Blank Rome has been ranked top-tier in M&A Middle Market by the Legal 500, which states that the Firm is “extremely active in the purchase, sale, and combination of business entities.”
- Blank Rome consistently ranks as a “Top 10” firm focusing on M&A matters, according to the Directors & Boards annual survey of directors of major North American companies.
- Chambers USA ranks Blank Rome for its corporate/M&A and private equity work:
- “a middle-market focused team advising clients on matters including public and private M&A, joint ventures and securities offerings.”
- “sophisticated Corporate/M&A practice receives much client praise for its ‘outstanding service and dynamic, entrepreneurial approach.’”
- “(Focusing) in midmarket transactional matters… The group wins widespread praise for its excellent service and ‘strong talented lawyers who respond instantaneously. ‘Sources also admire the practice because it ‘truly values and invests in its relationships with clients’”
- Our attorneys are frequent lecturers on M&A matters, and are well-known for “writing the book” on all aspects of valuing and selling businesses and capital formation entitles, such as The Complete Guide to Valuing and Selling your Business by Partner Frederick D. Lipman.