With a record number of private equity firms in the marketplace, including numerous new entrants, competition is increasing for available opportunities. A host of regulatory and legislative matters could potentially impact the industry and increase the complexity of structuring and managing funds and their transactions and portfolio companies.
Whether you are a private fund, portfolio company, banking or financial institution, or privately held business, Blank Rome’s private equity attorneys can advise you on structuring and implementing sophisticated acquisition and financing transactions. We apply a multidisciplinary approach using the experience our attorneys have with M&A, tax, ERISA, securities, real estate, intellectual property, international trade, and environmental law that addresses your specific needs. In particular, our team focuses on tax-advantaged structuring for both buyers and sellers in private equity transactions.
How We Can Help
Blank Rome has a long history of working with private equity firms. With backgrounds in business and accounting, and experience at numerous regulatory agencies, including the SEC and the IRS, our attorneys provide a practical, business-minded methodology to solving complex legal issues. We utilize a proactive approach to help our clients structure and implement all types of sophisticated acquisition transactions.
We have strong relationships with financing sources and investment banks, and we can make introductions and facilitate business relationships for our investor and private equity clients.
What Sets Us Apart
- 2018 U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers (Woodward/White, Inc.) national ranks:
- M&A Law: Tier 1
- Corporate Law: Tier 2
- 2018 U.S. News & World Report—Best Lawyers (Woodward/White, Inc.) regional ranks:
- M&A Law: Tier 1, Pittsburgh; Tier 2, Los Angeles and New York City
- Corporate Law: Tier 1, Philadelphia; Tier 3, Los Angeles
- 2017 Legal 500 ranks Blank Rome top-tier in M&A Middle Market, and states that the Firm is “extremely active in the purchase, sale, and combination of business entities.”
- Chambers USA 2017 ranks Blank Rome for its Corporate/M&A work:
- “a middle-market focused team advising clients on matters including public and private M&A, joint ventures and securities offerings."
- “sophisticated Corporate/M&A practice receives much client praise for its ‘outstanding service and dynamic, entrepreneurial approach.’”
- “(Focusing) in midmarket transactional matters…The group wins widespread praise for its excellent service and ‘strong talented lawyers who respond instantaneously. ‘Sources also admire the practice because it ‘truly values and invests in its relationships with clients’”
- Our attorneys are frequent lecturers on M&A matters, and are well-known for “writing the book” on all aspects of valuing and selling businesses and capital formation entitles, such as The Complete Guide to Valuing and Selling your Business by Partner Frederick D. Lipman.